View another Parish
Show All

THE PARISH OF Merbein

Churches

  • Our Lady of the Sacred Heart
    18 Box Street, Merbein

Presbytery

Postal Address
PO Box 332
Merbein  VIC  3505
Street Address
20 Box Street
Merbein  VIC  3505
Phone (03) 5025 2716
Fax (03) 5025 1249
Email: merbein@ballarat.catholic.org.au

Mass Times

Sunday Masses Merbein: 10.30am

 

Latest Parish Bulletin - 21 Feb 2016 Read More View Archives

Our Parish

On 11th December, 1927, Bishop Foley of Ballarat opened and blessed the red brick building Merbein parishioners built as a dual purpose building that could be used as a school during the week and a church on Sundays.

The cream brick church of today was built in 1956. Our Lady of the Sacred Heart, Merbein was Blessed and Opened on Sunday, April 8th 1956.  

In 1932, Werrimull became a parish and Our Lady of Lourdes Church was built in 1933.

In 1965, Werrimull became part of the Merbein Parish and in more recent times is now a part of the Mildura Parish.

Personnel

Parish Leader
Sr Marion McDonald RSM

Parish Council Chairman
Corrie Conway
Merbein Vic 3505
Phone: 
Parish 5025 2716

Personal 0447 510 114

 

 

 

 

 

 

Catholic Primary School 

Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Primary School

Ministry District
Sunraysia (Merbein, Mildura, Red Cliffs)    
Parish Map
Church

Our Lady of the Sacred Heart

18 Box Street, 18 Box Street

We are the Catholic Church in the Ballarat Diocese
we gather in the name of Jesus from the Murray to the sea
in interwoven faith communities. Spirit filled
we celebrate and share our journey
reaching out to nurture all God's people.

Diocesan Vision Statement 2005

All Enquiries

PO Box 576
Ballarat, Victoria 3353

Phone +61 3 5337 7111

Where to find us

Catholic Diocese of Ballarat
5 Lyons Street South
Ballarat, Victoria 3353